Monday, June 30, 2008

THING 7- Not done yet

This one has really had me going!
Email: I use email daily. Not so much in my job but with other organizations I am involved with. Great way to get information out to alot of people in a hurry. The productivity hints were good. My supervisors send out the work schedule and staff notes via email. This is helpful to me as I work part time and miss alot of the information.
Instant Messaging: Viewed all the info required. I have an accout set up thru MSN and IM my niece alot. I did get a copy of an acronym dictionay printed so I know what she is talking about better. Im still in the process of IMing another person at work. Will add to that later as i get it done.
Text messaging: I have no way to try this so will have to get a friend that has it to let me practice. Used a friends cell phone to send TMs. Would have to practice alot more to get good at it.

Web Conferencing. What a great concept. Sounds like a real money and time saver. I viewed all information requested. Tried to join in a program scheduled. What a frustration. Got all the way in and nothing happened. Thought i would be able to see someone talking or something. Showed two other participants and me logged in but no moderator???? Will try again when another is scheduled.
Im not done with this one yet but will go on to others and add comments on this as I finish.

No comments: