Sunday, August 3, 2008

THING 17-complete

I tried to set up an rss feed to my google reader with the new intructions but it kept coming back with a message try again in a few minutes. I do understand how to do it so I gave up after numerous trys. I set up a folder in Page composer. Made up a web page and added a url, picture and background with different colors. I created a web page in ProQuest Newsstand Complete followed thru and added publications and emailed them to myself. Saved it to my computer. NetLibrary was a challenge. I already have an account. I looked for the book "101 Ways to Promote your web site" and couldn't find it. After searching every way I could think of I viewed "Build a Data base the easy way" and put in "data base design" as the search term. Followed thru on the rest of instructions and have it in my "Favorites and notes.
Since I don't often do reference at our library I don't see myself using these often enough to get comfortable with. Ma by Net library If someone is looking for a particular book. This was very interesting and I can see it being a real help to doing a research project.

No comments: